Monday, December 31, 2007

Hi baby!

I'm officially in my third trimester now. We came back from our trip this afternoon, and we had a lovely time. You have been moving, bouncing, and kicking a lot. I can actually just look down at my stomach and see you shifting around in there. I wouldn't mind if you would sleep in a bit -- you have a regular 6:30 am calisthenics appointment, apparently.

It's amazing to think that your arrival will be in something like twelve weeks. I mean, I could have been counting the weeks all along, but now it seems so close! In fact, as of today your due date is only eighty days away. It also seems very far away, if that can make any sense. That's three months! And darling, I don't blame you or anything, but I'm ENORMOUS. It's becoming difficult to haul my massive girth around, and I can't believe I'm bound to get even bigger over the next three months. My sleep has been affected (it's hard to get comfy, then you kick me for minutes at a time), I walk funny, I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes, and there are parts of my pelvic region that are sore that I didn't even know could GET sore. This has been interesting, but I think I was expecting that I'd have the easiest pregnancy ever, and that it would be more or less a breeze, with lots of flouncing and frolicking. But there's really more waddling and grunting than I expected. But I am still so happy you're coming, and I love you already.

Love,
Mom

No comments: