Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Almost 16 weeks!

Dear Peapod,

This is an exciting time. You're moving around, and I can feel it! I felt you move for the first time last Wednesday, and since then I've felt it at least once a day. Sometimes you do a big movement, like "Bloop!" Other times, it's a little flutter. I wish I could feel it all the time. It's so nice to know you're in there and doing well.

My pregnancy day-by-day web site told me today that you are as big as a softball. Isn't that unbelievable? I can't get over how much you're growing and how fast this time is passing. As excited as I am to meet you, I'll never get to relive this time, and I'd like to savor every moment.

I feel good right now. I'm definitely showing now, and can't wear most of my regular clothes unless I layer them over maternity shirts. I think strangers can now tell that I'm pregnant, not just fat.

Your room is getting closer to being ready. Your grandma cleaned the floor today, and the crib is in there, the rug, the bed, the rocking chair... There are a few things left to move out or find places for, and we still need some things, but they'll come later, probably at the shower.

There's not much else to add right now. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so if there's any news, I'll write it here!

Love you already,
Mom

No comments: