Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday!

Darling! You're almost a year old. One year ago right now I was in labor at the hospital. You were born at 3:07 on the 25th. It seems like a distant dream, and at the same time I can remember flashes of it with perfect clarity.

You are amazing. You started walking a week and a half ago, and now you are fearless and love walking, no matter how many times you fall on your bottom. If you're in a real hurry, you still crawl sometimes, because you are a super-fast crawler.

You say so many words now and make so many signs. You've added "all done," squirrel, back, alley, whoo (owl noise), and many others. I swear I'm not being biased when I say I think you are very advanced in your vocabulary.

You are also very energetic, curious, and loving. You give hugs and kisses now, and you give GREAT hugs. A visual of you I will probably always remember is you, in your stroller, leaning forward and kicking your legs, which is how you almost always ride. You never just sit back and relax.

You love to be taken around the house to see everything. You want to look at everything on the mantle, all the fridge magnets, my Alice in Wonderland figures, etc. You also like to walk around and try to pull things off tables and out of bags and drawers and shelves. If you can reach it, it will be in your hands soon.

You still love to cuddle and nurse, and you also eat pretty much any food we give you.

I love you so much, and this year has been absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for being my sweet baby.

I love you more than I thought I ever could (and I was pretty sure it was a lot).

Love,
Mom

No comments: